Central Question: What correlation is there between climate, weather, and life? Why will a climate region provide such a stark contrast in life it is able to support?
Guiding Thought Question: Read the description of climate dynamics in the article An Introduction to Climate Systems (Princeton Press) and explain why climate dynamics are such an important topic of study right now, and the types of things that are studied as part of the atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, cryosphere, and lithosphere (land surface).
Today's Learning Objective: Students will examine the differences between weather and climate, and the implications for the distribution of life on the earth's surface. Students will be able to explain the distribution of climate systems around the planet's surface and the associated indicators that accompany those regions.
- AP GIS&T
- AP Human Geography
- Biogeography >
- Ecological Biogeography >
- GEOG 1020 - Human Geography
- GEOG 1030 - Physical Geography
- GEOG 8040 - Seminar in Geography Education
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Studies >
- Human Geography (Rubenstein)
- Human Geography (Tredinnick)
- International Relations: World Environmentalism Focus >
- World Geography
- History Courses
- Political Science Courses
- Elective Courses