Central Question: Why are islands such important fields of study in biogeography?
Guiding Thought Question: Apply the ideas from the article "Effects of Climate Changer on Biodiversity" to explain why island species especially are so critically endangered due to climate change.
Today's Learning Objective: Students will gain a basic understanding of the importance of islands in their study of biogeography, and the type of work that is being done to understand them better by focusing specifically on the Galapagos and Madagascar.
- AP GIS&T
- AP Human Geography
- Biogeography >
- Ecological Biogeography >
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Studies >
- Human Geography (Rubenstein)
- Human Geography (Tredinnick)
- Physical Geography
- International Relations: World Environmentalism Focus >
- Seminar in Geography Education
- World Geography
- History Courses
- Political Science Courses
- Elective Courses