Central Question: How do the process of adaptation influence speciation?
Guiding Thought Question: Write 2-3 sentences about a particular plant or animal using each of the vocabulary words below in the proper context.
Adaptation - The process of change which a species undergoes to be better suited for its environment.
Adaptive Radiation - The diversification of a species into forms filling different ecological niches.
Specialization - Species that develops a characteristic that better allow them to survive in an area.
Today's Learning Objective: Students will learn about the processes of adaptation and their impacts on where species are able to survive by completing a case study of the American Beaver.
- AP GIS&T
- AP Human Geography
- Biogeography >
- Ecological Biogeography >
- GEOG 1020 - Human Geography
- GEOG 1030 - Physical Geography
- GEOG 8040 - Seminar in Geography Education
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Studies >
- Human Geography (Rubenstein)
- Human Geography (Tredinnick)
- International Relations: World Environmentalism Focus >
- World Geography
- History Courses
- Political Science Courses
- Elective Courses