Central Question: Is the analogy of the grasslands as a desert accurate?
Guiding Thought Question: Why might early Europeans have viewed the Great Plains as a barren desert? What characteristics do the plains have with deserts? How do they differ?
Today's Learning Objective: Students will examine different aspects of the Great Plains as a representation of the grassland biome. Students will be able to distinguish between the three forms of grassland biomes in North America and the type of life they're able to support.
- AP GIS&T
- AP Human Geography
- Biogeography >
- Ecological Biogeography >
- GEOG 1020 - Human Geography
- GEOG 1030 - Physical Geography
- GEOG 4100/8106 - Biogeography
- GEOG 8040 - Seminar in Geography Education
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Studies >
- Human Geography (Rubenstein)
- Human Geography (Tredinnick)
- International Relations: World Environmentalism Focus >
- World Geography
- History Courses
- Political Science Courses
- Elective Courses