Central Question: What factors lead to the change in biomes and what impact does that have on distribution?
Guiding Thought Question: Take a look at the satellite imagery of the Aral sea to the right. The left side shows the Aral Sea as it was in 1989, the right side shows it in 2014. Theorize what could have possibly happened that would have caused it to undergo such a drastic change between 1989 and 2014.
Today's Learning Objective: Students will investigate the ecological effects of humans on biomes and their locations by completing an inquiry based investigation of the North American Prairies and then taking notes on some of the geographic human and natural factors.
- AP GIS&T
- AP Human Geography
- Biogeography >
- Ecological Biogeography >
- GEOG 1020 - Human Geography
- GEOG 1030 - Physical Geography
- GEOG 4100/8106 - Biogeography
- GEOG 8040 - Seminar in Geography Education
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Studies >
- Human Geography (Rubenstein)
- Human Geography (Tredinnick)
- International Relations: World Environmentalism Focus >
- World Geography
- History Courses
- Political Science Courses
- Elective Courses