Guiding Thought Question: Select one of the situations below and write a letter based on the scenario.
Situation 1 - The National government is planning on moving nuclear waste through your city to transport it to an area where is can be disposed of. Write a letter to your national representative, or one of your state senators (include their name and e-mail address somewhere in the response) talking about your thoughts on the plan and why you support or are against the idea.
Situation 2 - Your state government is planning on placing a restriction on vehicle emissions that would mean you could not drive as much. Write a letter to your state representative, or your state's governor (include their name and e-mail address somewhere in the response) talking about your thoughts on the plan and why you support or are against the idea.
Today's Learning Objective: Students will learn the principles of republicanism and how they can be politically active by voting and other methods. Students will learn about the different philosophies of representation by reading and discussing about the ideas of representation.
- AP GIS&T
- AP Human Geography
- Biogeography >
- Ecological Biogeography >
- GEOG 1020 - Human Geography
- GEOG 1030 - Physical Geography
- GEOG 8040 - Seminar in Geography Education
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Studies >
- Human Geography (Rubenstein)
- Human Geography (Tredinnick)
- International Relations: World Environmentalism Focus >
- World Geography
- History Courses
- Political Science Courses
- Elective Courses