Guiding Thought Question: Do an internet search of one of the following people to find out more information about them and write up an explanation of why people should know about them in the context of the modern environmentalism movement. In your explanation include their background, what type of work did they do/how did they effect the environmental movement, and a theory on why they are not as well known in the environmentalism discussion.
- Mardy Murie - Biologist
- Anna Lee Rain Yellowhammer - Activist
- David Archumbault II - Activist
- George Washington Carter - Agricultural Scientist
- Majora Carter - Urban Revitalizationist
- George Masa - Photographer
Today's Learning Objective: Students will examine how the actions of non-politicians can have an effect on the development of governmental policy by examining the work of past and present conservationists.
Central Question: What actions can people take to effect change within the government?
- History Courses
- Political Science Courses
- Elective Courses